Here’s a little bit about who I am…
Here are 9 quick, random facts about me (because 10 seems so cliché):
- I love cats; dogs are ok, too, if they are small, cuddly, and extra furry, kind of like a cat.
- My dream is to be a snowbird (someone who flees the nasty cold and snow of winter for more tropical climates) before I’m of “official” snowbird age, which I deem to be about 65. I have quite a few years to make that happen so I’m feeling confident.
- I hate to talk on the phone, but will chat by email, text, or IM like nobody’s business. You can also be sure those chats will be filled by lots of smiley faces 🙂 (or possibly frowny ones, depending on the topic at hand)
- I love the beach…and sunshine…and palm trees. It’s my happy place!
- Even though I don’t enjoy cleaning, I do love to organize and am actually quite good at it. I’m an enigma 😉
- I grew up in a town of 300 people, many of whom I was related to. It was a great way to grow up, but I would go stir crazy there as an adult.
- My favorite color is purple and it has been ever since I was very little.
- My car’s name is Dave. Named after my cat, Dave, (may she rest in peace) who happened to be a girl. Don’t judge me; it’s really hard to tell if a cat is a boy or a girl if you’re not a vet…or maybe it’s not, I don’t know…but she looked like a Dave and my kids named her, so…
- I was my parents’ favorite daughter. It was touch and go there for awhile, but I think being the only girl put me over the top.
I’m a Work-at-Home Mom with 5 kids. I have 4 boys (they are all now adults) and a teenage girl. I also have a grandson and agree with the people who say if they would have known how awesome being a grandparent was, they’d have done that first.
I have been homeschooling my kids for over 20 years now, starting when my oldest son was just 3 years old. By the time I’m done, I’ll have spent over 30 years educating my children – that’s a LONG time! It’s been one of the hardest things I’ve ever done, but also the most rewarding. I guess by the time I’m done, I’ll have racked up over 30 years of character building – for me 🙂
I have been running my own business selling on Amazon since 2010 and joined Color Street as an Independent Stylist in 2019. I am always trying to add new streams to my income.
I love to read and learn new things. I also love to write. I really try to keep it short, but it’s just not possible. I think that’s why I haven’t mastered Twitter…I just can’t say what I’m thinking in only 140 characters.
I would rather sit down and do hours of data entry than clean my house. As such, I’m not a fan of the “pop-in”. I have decided that I just really need an “Alice”; you know, the housekeeper on The Brady Bunch who was needed to cook, clean, do laundry, and watch the kids…even though no one could ever figure out what Mrs. Brady did except for needlepoint and some random volunteer work that apparently kept her too busy for anything else.
I was a single mom, supporting my family with my Amazon business, for 6 years. I’m now married to an amazing man who loves and supports me… but I’ll never forget how hard those single mom years were.
You will notice that I sign off by saying “Keep Dreaming“. My reasoning for that is I think it’s so important. Dreams keep Hope alive and vice versa. And I really don’t want to live in a world with no Hope. Personally, I keep my Hopes and Dreams firmly planted in Jesus. Even when I stumble around, He is always faithful, so I figure He’s the best keeper of my Hope and my Dreams. 🙂
Keep Dreaming ~